Wiltshire Council is currently seeking views on two separate consultations that relate to Chippenham: –
- The Wiltshire Local Plan review which considers the level of growth in the town through to 2036.
- The Future Chippenham consultation which is seeking views for a potential new distributor road in to the south and east of Chippenham.
2.Wiltshire Council as Local Planning Authority is also currently consulting on its Local Plan which decides the scale of growth in Wiltshire (additional housing, infrastructure and land for employment) from 2016 to 2036. The Wiltshire Local Plan review process considers the level of growth in the town including where new homes could be allocated, and is an entirely separate consultation from the Future Chippenham road route options consultation above.
The plan considers:-
- What will Chippenham be like in the future?
- How much should the town grow?
- What priorities should we tackle?
- Where should development take place?
Any new distributor road would be subject to the outcome of a future planning application and progress of the Local Plan Review. To find out more and how to comment please visit the Local Plan Review consultation on the Wiltshire Council Website. To view the Chippenham specific information visit here.