Refashion Wiltshire is a community project, based in Chippenham, helping young people re-fashion and mend their clothing, in order to reduce textile waste going to landfills.
They are looking to recruit a new team to help them deliver on their vision of making a positive impact on the environment and building a conscious community amongst local young people. Part-time volunteering opportunities* are available in the following areas: –
- Fundraising (1-2 day a month)
- Business management (1-2 days a month)
- Event planning ( 1- 2 days a month )
- Community/school engagement (1 – 2 days a month)
- Workshop leaders – online for now (1-2 days a month)
- Social Media and Content management (1-2 days a week)
- Blogger (1- 2 days a week)
- Web development (1 day a week)
- Graphic Designer (1 – 2 days a month)
- Photographer/Videographer (Project based)
*All ages & abilities are welcome.
They are also looking for non-exec directors with any of the above experience to help manage the team.
Existing experience would be preferred but passion in making a difference, willingness to learn and ability to work independently is equally as important. Applicants should ideally be based in or at least near Wiltshire.
Visit their website www.refashionmytown.org. to find out more information about the project and get in touch by email if you are interested in being part of their friendly team. E-mail with a brief cover letter explaining why you want to volunteer and a CV and they will get in touch with you.
You can also follow Refashion Wiltshire via their Facebook page.