When people are told to self-isolate this can increase financial pressures at an already difficult time.
If you are required to self-isolate because of COVID-19, are on a lower income and will lose money because you cannot work from home – you may be eligible for a support payment of £500 from Wiltshire Council to help you.
To receive this payment, you must:
- have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace after Monday, 28 September 2020 and have a unique Test and Trace number provided by the NHS
- be employed or self-employed
- have lost income by being unable to work from home while self-isolating
- be receiving at least one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Pension Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-based Employment Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit
Wiltshire Council have recently launched a new system to allow you to claim for your payment as quickly and easily as possible. People who are eligible for this payment will be able to make a backdated claim to 28 September 2020. The scheme is currently available until 31 January 2021 when it will be reviewed by the government.
Visit Wiltshire Council’s website for more detail and advice about how to apply – https://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/benefits-test-and-trace