Local area coordinators support people to obtain information, make practical and local connections and live the life they would like. We do this by taking time to get to know people, their families and carers, helping to identify people’s strengths, skills, talents and abilities.
In short, we will take the time to get to know people and build a trusting relationship. We will support people of all ages (including disabled people and people with mental ill-health), their families and carers to:
- Access information, advice and support at the right time
- Stay strong, be heard and in control
- Develop plans for how they would like their life to be
- Build their own local networks
- Find practical ways to resolve problems
- Become more connected and more actively involved in their communities
- Identify their personal strengths and goals
Local area coordination is free, supporting non-service solutions wherever possible. There are no assessments, referral processes or time limits – and we can meet people in local community settings or where they live, work or learn.
Emma Morrice is your Chippenham Local Area Coordinator. Emma can help you to access information, advice and support in the local community.
Contact Emma: –