The Rise Trust Children’s centre aren’t running drop-in sessions for the foreseeable future but they are still running their courses online for families with babies and young children. They are also running a few virtual courses aimed at women including breastfeeding and support for women who are experiencing or have experienced domestic violence.
They can also offer Outreach Support – where an outreach worker can support you when you need it most. This can be for a range of issues that can affect family life (e.g. parenting, debt, physical and mental health, housing, employment etc). This service is mostly virtual but can be face to face where necessary or possible whilst still following social distancing/ Covid 19 measures.
The courses aimed at families with under-fives include:
- Baby and Me – To support parents who have just had a baby (non-mobile babies only). Information on oral health, communication, and safety at home etc.
- Baby Massage – To encourage bonding and provide sensory stimulation for your baby.
- EPEC Being a Parent – To understand more about positive parenting strategies for children aged 2-4 years old.
- Challenging Behaviour – Techniques and tips on how to deal with children’s feelings and encourage positive behaviour.
- Learning Early – To understand about your child’s development at different ages/stages and how you can support your child in their age-related progress.
- Bookstart Corner – To build confidence in reading and rhymes with your child in fun and exciting ways. Encourages language development.
- Ready, Steady School – To support your child to become ready for starting school. Activities include preparing to read and write, making friends, managing emotions, and becoming independent.
The courses aimed at women include:-
- A virtual breastfeeding support group, Mum2mum – on Wednesdays between 1.30-2.15pm.
- Freedom Programme – Domestic Abuse awareness course for women who are experiencing / have experienced domestic abuse.
- Freedom Forever – Follow on programme providing support to move on, increase assertiveness and to respond to the specific effects of exposure on children.
Please contact your local RISE centre to register your interest in joining any of the virtual groups listed above:
The RISE Hub Children’s Centre is based at The Oaks, Chippenham, SN15 1DU – call 01249 463040
Spring Rise Children’s Centre is based in Frogwell in Chippenham, SN14 ODH – call 01249 464008
The Rise Trust will be continuing to keep people updated through their website and social media pages: –
Instagram page: the_rise_trust