The Chippenham Community Hub is a charity organisation and support hub for local people. Based at No.23 Borough Parade in Chippenham, the Hub aims to be a welcoming and safe place in the centre of town. The Hub team provides signposting to services and support on offer throughout the town from a wide range of local voluntary organisations and charities. Local residents will be able to drop in to find out local information and where to find further support.
The main objectives of the Chippenham Community Hub are: –
- the prevention of poverty by signposting the public to registered organisations and charities offering them assistance for both the cause and consequences of poverty via debt counselling, general advice and other means.
- promoting social inclusion by providing advice to people who are excluded, by signposting them to services, providers, groups, and networks.
- promoting sustainability and environmental responsibility to the Chippenham community for the benefit of all.
The Chippenham Community Hub…
- provides signposting
- offer supports
- drop in advice
- social inclusion for loneliness
- educational courses (e.g. employability skills, basic IT & personal finance)
- provide facilities for non-profit organisations to attend for recreation and wellbeing
- hosts visits from local organisations that provide information and support for local residents – e.g. Rethink Mental Health, Swan Advocacy, Read-Easy, Fraud Prevention and Wiltshire Sight.
- has a large upstairs meeting room available for hire from the local community (please note there is no lift)
How to find out more about the Hub: –
- Pop in for a chat and for more information at 23 Borough Parade, Chippenham, SN15 3WL – the hub is located diagonally opposite The Bridge House (Wetherspoons pub).
- Contact the Chippenham Community Hub by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the Chippenham Community Hub website.
- You can follow the progress of the Chippenham Community Hub by liking/following the charity on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram.